Do you sometimes wonder if kindness is slowing becoming extinct in your community, our country or our world
I am often asked by clients and audience members, "how can I hold a positive intention for myself or for others?"
Today given all that is unfolding in our world, I thought it was a gift to be able to share one of my favorite mindfulness-based practices.Read More
What are common core values of leaders who practice mindfulness in both their personal and professional lives?
Mindfulness-based techniques include a core practice of meditation.
"Meditation is medicine for the mind and a core practice required for mindful leadership."
1. A mindful leader cultivates compassion, focus, and creativity while being of service to others.
2.. A mindful leader creates present-centered awareness through a personal mindfulness-based practice such as meditation.
3. Meditation is the action of making an appointment with yourself. During meditation we distant ourselves from the distractions of the outside world, and shift our focus inwards.
4. Start your meditation practice by turning off digital devices and sitting comfortably in a quiet place. Close your eyes and focus on your breathing. Inhale to the count of three, and then exhale to the count of four. If you find your mind wandering, focus back on your breath.
5. A regular meditation practice has been scientifically proven to reduce stress levels, build emotional resilience, foster creative thinking, and improve memory.
Below you will find a link to a free gift I am offering that discusses a key concept in mindful leadership, setting intentional boundaries. These techniques will help you avoid negative energy and stay grounded in present-centered awareness.Read More
Happy Thanksgiving. It seems like in a blink of an eye we set New Year's intentions together and we are now recovering from post-election stress. Are you traveling for Thanksgiving this week? I have had many clients in clinic and friends calling to ask me how to avoid conflict this year at holiday gatherings. My answer may sound simple, but it is powerful:
"A miracle is a shift in perception from fear to love"
- A Course In MiraclesRead More
How well did you sleep last night?
Many members of our global mindful living community were up late watching the drama of the U.S. Presidential election unfold well past our bedtimes. There are scores of pundits dissecting the results; I am more interested in dissecting the process of how we start to heal.
Roughly one-half of our nation is celebrating that their candidate is now president-elect while the other half of the nation this is mourning the loss of their party. Then there are the Americans who decided not to engage in the process at all.
It doesn’t matter what camp you fall under, we all suffered. Research shows that more half of us (from all political parties) were suffering stress-related symptoms.